Click on a vacancy below to find out more.
Working closely with the CEO, to lead the commercial activities of Leaf Expression Systems, the company is looking for an ambitious individual who is both credible with customers and staff, and will fully understand the needs of the biotechnology R&D sector, specifically with regards to the biological process development activities of the pharmaceutical, biotech and academic research sector.
The Business Development Director will be responsible for identifying organisations that could potentially benefit from the services provided by the Company, making contact with those organisations, “selling” the Leaf Expression Systems expertise and gaining contracts.
- To lead the commercial effort, from a business development and sales standpoint in ensuring that business and financial goals are met.
- To put contracts in place to ensure that revenue streams are achieved.
- To act as an ambassador for the company by building strong industry / academic networks and communicating the advantages and benefits of the Leaf Expression Systems capabilities.
- To have the day-to-day responsibility for managing the sales growth of the company and for managing key client relationships.
It is likely that the successful candidate will be a Life Sciences graduate (or possibly PhD), and will have developed a strong understanding of the manufacturing processes for biologics probably gained through a role in biological development. He / she will have recent and relevant experience in a customer facing commercial role and is likely to have a strong network within the appropriate user community.
It is highly likely that he/she will have spent time in the service sector, and will have proven commercial experience as well as a strong scientific background and industry knowledge. They will clearly have to able to demonstrate good communication and people skills.
Minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in an appropriate business sector.
- Is likely to have a good quality first degree in either a Life Sciences discipline or Biochemical Engineering, possibly having gained a PhD.
- The candidate may have commenced their career within bioprocessing R&D or Biomanufacturing, but will have had a minimum of 3 years’ direct experience of selling technology solutions into the bioprocessing development sector.
- A recent, direct knowledge of the biomanufacturing / biological process development sector of the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry, together with a sound understanding of the needs of the sector.
- A demonstrable track record of growing a new client base and building sales revenues.
- Experience in managing customer / company relationships.
- Will be able to demonstrate real commercial acumen, and a track record of achieving sales growth.
- Good presentational and listening skills capable of promoting Leaf Expression Systems on a stand-alone basis.
- Financially literate and comfortable with all the usual reporting schedules and software.
- Will be able to demonstrate credibility in the role.
- Excellent people skills and cultural awareness.